• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stochastic Operations Research Course

I am looking for some advice if I should take "Stochastic Operations Research" course at my school. Would this help me in any form to get admitted into masters of financial mathematics? Course covers following topics:
Markov Chains
Inventory Models
Queuing Theory
Forecasting

Please advice.
Thanks

What are your other choices? If you are done with all the perquisite required for a MFE then there is no harm in doing this course.

Well I have already taken up to differential equations and probability course. I would like to take numerical analysis and a PDE course next but I cannot take those this semester. Just confused if I should focus on preparing for GRE and submitting apps this semester or do Stochastic class. Not sure how much of leg up would this course get me in admissions process.

Back