• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

suggestion needed

Hi, guys

im a graduating senior in ohio state university, looking for applying for a mfe program or quant finance in fall 2013. i would be really grateful for some advice on suitable and possible qualified programs.

little bit about myself, math and accounting dual degree, minor in statistics in 4 yrs. gpa 3.65. background on education: cal 1, cal 2, cal 3, multi-varirate cal, linear algebra, intro to java, probability theory, statistical inference, data analysis, regression analysis, time series, econometrics, numerical analysis, intro to financial mathematics, interest theory, etc.

computer program i know: matlab, minitab, sas, java, excel-dcf,
experience: bank intern for 2 months, math tutor for 1,5 yrs, administrative intern 2 months in insurance company in china. 4 years chinese student organization, vice president.

letters of recommendation: 1 from math professor phd, another from chicago unversity math professor phd, last one from tutor supervisor.

other related info: stock investment, scholarship for 4 years in college. deans list for 6 semesters.

Take the GRE/GMAT and we'll be better able to tell you which programs to apply to.

Take the GRE/GMAT and we'll be better able to tell you which programs to apply to.

i would not say there is any problem with quantitative part in gre, but not pretty sure about the verbal section. i would aim at 155-162 range for verbal section. which program would u recommended now?

If you have a 99th score in the quant section, go for programs such as baruch, cmu, columbia. Generally, the closer you are to new york, the better.

If you have a 99th score in the quant section, go for programs such as baruch, cmu, columbia. Generally, the closer you are to new york, the better.
cool. do you have any advice on how to write the ps to have a competitive edge?

hey master,

i got a 154 for verbal and 167 on quantitative section. do you think it is good enough for cornell's program?

Back