• COUNTDOWN TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Types of quant

I wanted to be a quant after graduation. However, I am told there are now many dfferent types of quant. They specialize in different parts and they require different background and preparation. I am confused and I don't know which kind of quant I really want to be. Is there somone who can tell me these information about quant? Thank you!

Necessity of a PhD

Is it really true that a PhD is a necessity to become a true quant as Dr. Joshi states in that guide?

Is it really true that a PhD is a necessity to become a true quant as Dr. Joshi states in that guide?

Well receiving the highest academic degree(PhD) is good to become a quant. But what do you call a real quant?!! Quantitative analyst can become a person with other lower degrees as well... Its the same as asking: Is it really true that you have to play in Barcelona to become a footballer?!! Of course if you play there(have a PhD) then you are very well prepared for playing footbal in highest class(doing quantitative jobs). But a footballer (quant) playing in lower class team (having MBA, MFE,etc.) are also footballers(quants).

Back