• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE 2025 Spring

The portal has gone weird. My preparation tab changed to scholarship. On opening that the page is blank😂

Hi everyone,
Can someone guide me on what should I expect in the interview and how should I prep for it?

what does waitlisted after the interview mean? I got an update after 2 days of interview.
I have spoken to a Berkeley alum before. She got waitlisted during round 1 in 2022 then got admitted during round 2. So conversion is entirely possible. Although we dont have data on its probability.

May I ask when you had your interview?

我之前曾与一位伯克利校友交谈过。她在 2022 年第一轮被列入候补名单,然后在第二轮被录取。所以转换是完全有可能的。尽管我们没有关于其概率的数据。

请问你是什么时候面试的?
I got interviewed just 3 days ago. But I know someone who interviewed earlier than me hasn't received a decision update yet. I am wondering if being waitlisted is a positive or negative sign. And could I know what should I do further to be accepted?

I got interviewed just 3 days ago. But I know someone who interviewed earlier than me hasn't received a decision update yet. I am wondering if being waitlisted is a positive or negative sign. And could I know what should I do further to be accepted?
I had an interview before you and I havent heard back yet. I really dont know what to make of it as well.

Good afternoon,

Please be aware that not all students are interviewed.
The team is working on finalizing all round 1 applications and will post decisions soon.

This is what they replied today. I guessing decisions are rolling out, and I am probably rejected without an interview :(

Good afternoon,

The team is working on finalizing all round 1 applications and will post decisions soon.

This is what they replied today. I guessing decisions are rolling out, and I am probably rejected without an interview :(
I am seeing a lot of decent profiles on the tracker getting rejections across all programs. Comparing with admitted candidates of previous years, they have stats (GPA, GRE, etc.) that are fairly competitive.

I think the competition has just gone crazy this year.

Last edited:
Good afternoon,

Don’t be discouraged. I just got waitlisted with a checklist to complete and I didn’t even have an interview

Don’t be discouraged. I just got waitlisted with a checklist to complete and I didn’t even have an interview
I also got a preparation checklist that wasn't there yesterday. But I received no waitlist, and the checklist is completely empty. What does this mean?

Back