• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What are the emerging markets after the crisis

Hi
I m student and i m thinking about taking quants road.but I want to work on market that is growing day after day because now its hard to find a job in Wall street.so I m thinking about Middle east like Dubai, Singapore, or Japan..

so What s the best place in the world to build a strong career as Market strategist or Risk manager

thanks

so What s the best place in the world to build a strong career as Market strategist or Risk manager
thanks

This is not a correct question. Seek according your skills, education and experience. If we had a proven answer that country X is "best" for risk managers every risk manager would go there. State your background, both - working and educational and it'll be easier to find some position.

Hi
I m student and i m thinking about taking quants road.but I want to work on market that is growing day after day because now its hard to find a job in Wall street.so I m thinking about Middle east like Dubai, Singapore, or Japan..

thanks

Singapore, Tokyo and Hong Kong are taking off. Singapore especially due to it's location has become a hub for many firms, especially in commodities. I don't know much about the middle east but I know that there are SEVERAL family office type funds over there. I met a guy who was a portfolio manager for a small family fund. He was managing $500M for them. This is very common is Saudi apparently.
I would say India would be a good place too. Even firms like DE Shaw are establishing large offices there.

Singapore, Tokyo and Hong Kong are taking off. Singapore especially due to it's location has become a hub for many firms, especially in commodities. I don't know much about the middle east but I know that there are SEVERAL family office type funds over there. I met a guy who was a portfolio manager for a small family fund. He was managing $500M for them. This is very common is Saudi apparently.
I would say India would be a good place too. Even firms like DE Shaw are establishing large offices there.

thanks bro. tell me to be a portofolio manager. what degree and skills should i Have. Iwant to pursue this careed because i love challenge i love stress

This is not a correct question. Seek according your skills, education and experience. If we had a proven answer that country X is "best" for risk managers every risk manager would go there. State your background, both - working and educational and it'll be easier to find some position.
I m freshman student in Morocco. i will pursue a finance rout in the last year of the bachelor .but its not enough . i have a huge background in economics .my mathematics skills are medium .as you know Morocco does'nt have a strong economy where we find Asset managment.Investment banks.Hedge funds. so I need to go to a big country so i can improve and demonstrate my skills

thanks bro. tell me to be a portofolio manager. what degree and skills should i Have. Iwant to pursue this careed because i love challenge i love stress
You need lots of experience. Most portfolio managers I know/heard off were previously traders at banks for 10+ years.

joy, you think singapore is taking off? i'd argue that, along with tokyo, it's pretty darn established in asia.

joy, you think singapore is taking off? i'd argue that, along with tokyo, it's pretty darn established in asia.

It has a good base. I would say it is expanding a lot currently after the regulations exposed in NYC and London than "taking off" I suppose.

Portfolio Managers usually have a university degree or MBA, and typically start out as Investment Analysts.

For Canadian example, securities regulators have set specific proficiency and experiential requirements for Portfolio Managers. Completion of CSI's Canadian Securities Course, Investment Management Techniques and Portfolio Management Techniques leads to the Canadian Investment Manager designation -- one path toward those requirements. The CFA Institute's Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation also leads to portfolio management registration in Canada.

A prospective Portfolio Manager must also have extensive industry experience as an Associate Portfolio Manager, Investment Advisor or Research Analyst, with experience in managing a portfolio of $5 million or more on a discretionary basis. So you should be seeking some entry level job as assistant at first rather than targeting directly the portfolio manager position which is very hard (if not impossible) to achieve without significant experience.

Back