• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What is the most natural transition to a Desk Quant position?

Nonono. Definitely not. Those are completely different roles. Well, the TA and Trading Analyst are basically the same thing sometimes in S&T. Sometimes TA is going towards Trading and Trading analyst might be more support doing pricing and research.

You do NOT rotate through professions. You rotate through desks. So most banks have a 3 rotation program. You might be on a mortgage trading desk, credit and then delta one, depending on your preference and strengths.
Thank you for the answer. You rotate between desks, fine. But what is your role on the desk? Trading assistant calculating P&L and pricing?

Why is that? Also, I don't think I can become a trader without a few years in some role in trading....

How many years of experience is essential to become a HFT??? I know this has been asked several times bu I still get different answers

Back