• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Windows 8 && Visual Studio 11

Has anyone already tried the new products? I wonder your opinions about Microsoft's desire to switch to markup language-based development style in VS 11. Seems MS is going to focus more and more on Metro Style development in future releases. Should we or not expect more graphical features added in further releases of .NET(4.5 now) than focus on functionality.

You can already test Win 8 ? Damn, Microsoft really decided to go faster on their work

I already installed and tried Visual Studio 11 and windows 8. .NET 4.5 is fine(actually nothing can be said - there are some improvements in terms of performance and garbage collection process - at least so they say). As for Visual Studio and windows 8 I believe the "non-touch" era for operating systems is over. Windows 8 is shifting towards the smart screens and is really inconvenient for Desktop PCs (for me actually). Visual Studio is getting better leaving less room for learning. More code generation tools there are in IDE less you study and once you are given a poor free compiler, you won't be able to do the things you believed you could once sitting on VS.

Back