• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Would you send a "merry xmas" email to your network?

Hi,

I wanted to get a general opinion as to what the trend is in the US (I am not from here).

1. Is it considered good practice to send a "Merry xmas & Happy new yr" email just to maintain contact with professors & internship managers ? Or would it seem too pushy ??

2. If this is not advised, what are some of the ways people stay in touch with professors & other people in their "network" (like managers from internships or senior bankers that you may have met through some contact) ? I don't always have something to say to them, yet I believe that out-of-sight is out-of-mind, so I don't want to break the connections I have formed. Any suggestions would be very welcome !

Thanks !!

The official name is "Christmas".

Not everyone celebrates it, but people should not get annoyed :)

Back