• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anything from 2024 Columbia MFE?

To be honest I got it quite a while ago, though I don’t know exact dates I would think it’s almost been a month and a half back. Off the sentiment here I was of the impression that my application was reviewed and they chose to push me back to a rejection at the end of the application cycle

Last edited:
If not received any decision yesterday and had no updates on the portal, can I consider it another kind of rejection? Someone told me that CU MFE only released offers in 2 batches.

I don’t think so. People received an acceptance as late as mid Apr last year.
If not received any decision yesterday and had no updates on the portal, can I consider it another kind of rejection? Someone told me that CU MFE only released offers in 2 batches

Results of second batch came out, and I still don't see many updates in this thread or anything on the tracker. I wonder how many offers were rolled out 🤔

I emailed the IEOR department due to having deadlines for other programs approaching. They told me round 2 decisions would come out by mid-March, so I don't necessarily think the two admits on Friday were the last admits for the second round. Then again they aren't the best at communicating and I couldn't get any specific days out of them so we never know. Hopefully, we will hear on Monday.

Results of second batch came out, and I still don't see many updates in this thread or anything on the tracker. I wonder how many offers were rolled out 🤔
I as well. The tracker has nothing close to what I would expect in terms of quantity of acceptances. Either a ton of people who never heard of quantnet are getting accepted, or they haven't given out all the decisions.

I emailed the IEOR department due to having deadlines for other programs approaching. They told me round 2 decisions would come out by mid-March, so I don't necessarily think the two admits on Friday were the last admits for the second round. Then again they aren't the best at communicating and I couldn't get any specific days out of them so we never know. Hopefully, we will hear on Monday.
Thanks for sharing the info. I know that cu's spring break is next week so i'm not sure if they're gonna email the admits

Hello is Columbia MFE a 24 month program or is there any criteria to continue beyond 12 months?

Hello is Columbia MFE a 24 month program or is there any criteria to continue beyond 12 months?
You can do it in 1 year, but most students do it in 1.5 years. I'm not aware who needed 2 years to finish the program.

Not sure if it’s helpful, but the “Current Status” header was added to my application at some point within the last few days.

Back