• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 2022

I think it has to be this week cause many programs' deposits are due on friday

Are we just speculating that they still have seats left? Or do you have any specific info? Looking at past trends most if not all decisions would have been already made by now.

you know at this point I am a bit disappointed you know. Such a well known program...

Just wanted to share a rather unusual observation - I attended the Open House for admits of MS programs by the engineering school. There was a separate session for admits of IEOR programs. In the MFE breakout session, I noticed there were only 30+ admits - rather strange given past years' cohort sizes. Perhaps many others did not attend - I don't know. Other admits, feel free to chime in.

Just wanted to share a rather unusual observation - I attended the Open House for admits of MS programs by the engineering school. There was a separate session for admits of IEOR programs. In the MFE breakout session, I noticed there were only 30+ admits - rather strange given past years' cohort sizes. Perhaps many others did not attend - I don't know. Other admits, feel free to chime in.
Is this only for the people who paid the deposit and accepted the offer or for the whole admitted people.

It could be possible that they are reducing their class size. Because conservatively even if 50% folks attended the session still substantially lower than previous cohort sizes.

I see 85 people in "Columbia mfe offer holder wechat group", and I suppose the cohort size this year is not significantly smaller than previous years.

I see 85 people in "Columbia mfe offer holder wechat group", and I suppose the cohort size this year is not significantly smaller than previous years.
Yeah, but i think they generally send out more than 150 offers. Cause everyone who gets into CMU/Baruch/Princeton/UCB generally turn Columbia down.

I think two days back, Columbia updated its IEOR admission dashboard, updated all MS programs to "Some decisions released", for the MFE program this was the status even 2 months back, don't know what to expect

I think two days back, Columbia updated its IEOR admission dashboard, updated all MS programs to "Some decisions released", for the MFE program this was the status even 2 months back, don't know what to expect
Where is this dashboard? Could you provide a link?

Back