• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 2022

Did anyone hear back from Columbia??Or tried to contact them for more information on when they plan to roll out more offers?

Did anyone hear back from Columbia??Or tried to contact them for more information on when they plan to roll out more offers?
I think if they don't send out any offers tomorrow, then we can make the deposit for other schools as there is a very litter chance to receive the offer after this week, based on the previous year's records.

I think if they don't send out any offers tomorrow, then we can make the deposit for other schools as there is a very litter chance to receive the offer after this week, based on the previous year's records.
What makes you say that? Do they not give out offers in April?

You can check the previous year's thread in the forum, I hope I can paste the link but I cannot find it. People didn't receive offers in April except for the option to transfer from MFE to Operation Research. If you also want to go to OR, you can wait and see. Also, they wouldn't send out rejections until the very end (May or June).

Of course the situation changes from year to year, and I also want people can receive the offer. But if they don't send out offers this week, I will pay the deposit for another school as the deadline is April 15.

You can check the previous year's thread in the forum, I hope I can paste the link but I cannot find it. People didn't receive offers in April except for the option to transfer from MFE to Operation Research. If you also want to go to OR, you can wait and see. Also, they wouldn't send out rejections until the very end (May or June).
Yes you are right I was just looking at the 2021 thread. Well hopefully we get some news this week! Not very nice of them to keep us waiting like that with no info. They should at least tell us early on whether we’re rejected or waitlisted

The main issue is that they only gives a week to turn in deposit. Those who get this offer before better offers like NYU fm and CMU, Berkeley, MIT etc are likely have to turn in the deposit but may not necessarily come. So Columbia would have to figure out how many are actually coming before sending out more offers and rejections

The main issue is that they only gives a week to turn in deposit. Those who get this offer before better offers like NYU fm and CMU, Berkeley, MIT etc are likely have to turn in the deposit but may not necessarily come. So Columbia would have to figure out how many are actually coming before sending out more offers and rejections
Although they could send a bunch of rejections for the people that wouldn’t get in no matter what, instead of just not telling anyone anything

Although they could send a bunch of rejections for the people that wouldn’t get in no matter what, instead of just not telling anyone anything
and that I agree... perhaps this year the applicants are just too strong lol. I mean you have to be confident enough to apply to those programs, knowing they are extremely competitive.

Back