• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MS&E

Has anyone got interview invites from Columbia's master of management science and engineering program yet?

Interview invites normally sent from Last week of Feb and 1st week of March.

Now that interviews for MSFE are probably done, has anyone got an invite for an interview for MS&E?

Received interview invite. Email asking me to go to the admission website and confirm acceptance for them to schedule 15 minute Skype interview.

Still haven't heard anything from Columbia :(
When did everyone submit application? I wonder if they already processed applicants submitted after Jan 9th.

Could you share your interview experience
was it the same as mine, why columiba, who will fund you, have you been to nyc
Yes I was asked the same questions. The only extra question was describe any one most interesting project you were a part of and your role.

I got an offer too. I need to make a decision between Columbia and Dartmouth MEM. Can anyone help?

I got an offer too. I need to make a decision between Columbia and Dartmouth MEM. Can anyone help?

Those programs seem similar at first, but they both have their own specificities :

- MEM seems more Industry oriented whereas MSE seems more Consulting oriented. (courses+former students jobs)

- MEM cost = 20-25k // MSE cost : 95-110k ==> quite a difference there !

- Last I'm not sure about it, but I think Columbia is more famous than Dartmouth ==>> stronger bonds with companies and surely brighter on a resume.

So in the end it's up to you ! (Professional plans, funding possibilities, ...)

Thanks for your reply @Marv . I think there is a slight correction there. Dartmouth is $21K per term, and there are 4 terms so it almost costs as much.

You're right ! My bad ^^''

So I guess there isn't much of a difference regarding the costs !

Back