• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

B.S Quantitative Finance

I have already taken all of those math courses, along with 3 courses in c++. I have practiced the gmat and have scored in 95 percentile in the quantitative sections. I guess my main question is will a BS in quant finance allow me to get a jo while I work toward a MFE or Ph.D? Just going to school is something I can't afford.

Ph.d programs in finance are fully funded for 4 years. Meaning, you will get a job and tuition is paid for. Your job will be conducting research, similar to a quant, asset pricing is common research. The job pays anywhere from 15-25 k per academic year for 20 hours per week of work. My school pays 17k but cost of living is so low that i have 1k spending cash per month. Choose your school wisely, generally, the closer you are to new york, the better the chance at a job. As per mfe programs, jobs are scarce. The only company that i know who hire bs quant finance is metlife for derivatives analyst. Mfe programs are short, 1-2 years, dont worry about the money. You'll make a lot when you're done.

Back