• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi my fellow classmates,

I am a current Finance and Risk Engineering Student in New York.

Objective: To learn C++ in Finance so that I don't need to take the course in school.
Programming Experience: Java in my Freshman year
Intended Pace: I just started, so I am really not sure. Any advice would be appreciated!

Afternoon everyone!
Pleasure to be studying alongside you all and looking forward to the experience.

Objective:
Primer for fintech career - seeking enrollment MFE Baruch 2017
Programming Experience: Game development (C#/Monogame), Full Stack Web Development (PHP, Python, Java, bash, MSSQL, MySQL, Reddis, various templating engines, js, and much more), Robotics (C#, embedded C, Assembly)
Current Work: Recently Separated military officer, last assignment: Technical Instructor @ MIT
Intended Pace: Rapid/aggressive

Afternoon everyone!
Pleasure to be studying alongside you all and looking forward to the experience.

Objective:
Primer for fintech career - seeking enrollment MFE Baruch 2017
Programming Experience: Game development (C#/Monogame), Full Stack Web Development (PHP, Python, Java, bash, MSSQL, MySQL, Reddis, various templating engines, js, and much more), Robotics (C#, embedded C, Assembly)
Current Work: Recently Separated military officer, last assignment: Technical Instructor @ MIT
Intended Pace: Rapid/aggressive

I reckon you will get this done rapidly. C# (I like C#) is also useful and it has generics. The later modules do finance topics and the OOP style. Enjoy and welcome :) (caveat: I am the originator).

Hi all, I am thrilled to take the course!

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: Python, Perl, Ruby, SQL, and JavaScript at college.

Current work: Business Analyst

Intended pace of program: Hope to complete the program as soon as possible.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program, Learn how to model with C++
Programming Experience: C, Matlab, Python, Java
Current Work: Electrical Engineering graduate
Intended Pace: Depending on difficulty of each level, but ideally I am hoping to complete as soon as possible to be able to use it my application to MFE programs.

Hi all, I am student majoring in real estate from China.

Objective: Learn some basic C++ skills to better prepare for future master application.

Programming Exp.: VBA, MATLAB, R, SAS etc.

Current Work: Final year real estate student.

Intended pace: To apply for MFE/MFin program

Hello everyone!
Objective: Learn relevant C++ for admission to a MFE program

Programming experience: C, R, VBA, some Python and MATLAB

Current work: Final year student majoring in finance

Intended pace: I hope to finish it before the late November

Hello to all! Glad to be part of QuantNet Community :)

I am currently enrolled in University of Illinois MSFE program. I did my undergrad from UIUC itself, in Mechanical Engineering. I realized after taking on campus Numerical Methods class that C++ is in fact a pre-req for financial engineering. So joined the Baruch pre-MFE C++ certificate course. Never too late! Really enjoyed the level 1 content so far explanations are basic and also some behind-the-scene shenanigans clarified. Looking forward to future levels.

Previous programming: R - time series analysis and GARCH modeling; Python - Numpy arrays and Pandas series and dataframes for stocks data analysis.

Tanmay Rajput.

MSFE University of Illinois

Hi everyone! I am a senior student applying for MFE program. I am major in Math, minor in Finance, and hope to advance my programming skills
Objective: To practice C++ for MFE program.
Programming Experience: some projects&homewwork with R&MATLAB, took a JAVA course in school before
Current Work: student
Intended Pace: Hopefully before Nov.

Hi everyone! Glad to meet you all! I'm from China and major in EE, applying for an MFE program these days.

Objective: Pick up C++ for admission to MFE programs and for financial application

Programming Exp.: C++(used to be intermediate but I forgot a lot lol), Matlab(interm), VBA(basic), python(basic), SQL(basic)

Current Work: Final year Electronic Engineering student.

Intended pace: Hopefully before Dec 2016

Hi there,
I am a senior student from China, currently pursuing a Bachelor degree in finance in Shanghai. During my junior year, I studied as an exchange student at London School of Economics and Political Science. I am now applying to a Master of Finance/ Financial Mathematics program in the States/ UK.
Objective: gain some knowledge and background in c++ programming

Programming Exp.: basically none... but I taught myself Matlab and I used SAS during one of my internships lol. BTW, does STATA count?

Current Work: Senior Finance (Banking and International Finance) student

Intended pace: Hopefully before Nov 2016... As soon as possible lol

Hi, I am a recent graduate from University of Waterloo, currently working as a research analyst in a mutual fund in Canada.

Objective: Get to know more about object-oriented programming for the MFE application and also for future usage in many places.

Prior Experience: Has taken a course in C, and some internship experience in C#

Hello all, I am a finance student from China.

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE programs.

Programming Exp.: VB, a little MATLAB

Current Work: Final year finance student.

Intended pace: Wish to complete the course early next year, around Jan.

Back