• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi

Objective: Consolidate my skills in C++ since my learning in that language has been very erratic

Programming experience: C#, VBA, some python, some C++

Current work: Financial Engineer on rates and credit derivatives

Intended pace of program: Complete this certification asap

Hi :) I am very excited to start this course. Very nice to meet you!

Objective: Improve my C++, so that I could apply for MFE program and maybe even work with this programming language before.

Programming experience: Some basics of C++, Pascal, R and VBA.

Current work: I am fully concentrated now on CFA Level I Exam, this and some other courses.

Intended pace of program: I am not in hurry, because I want to apply for MFE in the end of the next year. I hope I will finish by December, but if necessary, by January will be also ok for me.

Hi everyone, very excited to have a chance to study C++ here.
Objective: Strenghthening my C++ skills for MFE program application of 2017 Fall.
Programming experience: had bachelor degree level C++ course, basic level knowledge and skills
Current work: R&D in pharmaceutical manufacture industry
Intended pace of program: not in hurry but for solid fundamental. Beside other two pre-mfe courses this Fall, to finish this program in Dec or 2017 Jan will be fit .

Hello, it feels great to be part of this course and I am excited to be one of members in our community.

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs and to help in developing my own applications.

Programming experience: Little C++, MATLAB.

Current work: Final-year student in financial engneering who plans to apply for MFE programs this year.

Intended pace of program: Since I want to obtain the certificate before my application, I hope the pace to be as fast as possible. Of course, the most inportant thing is to have a deeper understanding of C++ programming.

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to take this course with you.

Objective: To improve my programming skill

Programming experience: MATLAB and VBA.

Current work: Analyst at GiantSea Futures focusing on OTC option hedging

Intended pace of program: Hopefully by Dec 1st.

Hi all,

Objective: Consolidate my skills in C++, improve the programming skill

Programming experience: C#, python, R

Current work:
Graduate School student in Finance

Intended pace of program: Complete this certification asap

Hello everyone! I feel so excited to join u.

Objective: Enhance my programming background in C++ to chase for a top MFE program ;)

Programming Experience: Very basic knowledge about MATLAB and C

Current Work: A 4th-year undergraduate major in Economics

In tended Pace: ASAP... no later than the end of 2016 :(

Hi, this is Ken from Hong Kong.

Objective: To learn somethings, be more qualified as a quantitative developer, may take a MFE program later.

Programming experience:
Java, Matlab, Python

Current work:
Software developer in a field other than finance

Intended pace of program:
Complete with certification ASAP, maybe one or two months.

Hi every one, I am looking forward to studying programming now!
Objective: Admitted by MFE Program and make some new friends
Programming experience: a little bit VBA
Current work: Year 4 Financial Accounting and Management student
Intended Pace: I hope to finish it soon but am a little bit worried as I have little programming experience

Hey everybody. Really nice to meet all of you. I'm Eric, a statistics student in my final year at the University of Virginia. I look forward to working with you guys, and hopefully some of us will meet at Baruch's incredible master's program!

Hi~I'm Liz from Mainland China.

Objective: To learn C++ and to apply for MFE program.

Programming experience:
C, Matlab, VBA, R

Current work:
A senior undergraduate who majors in Financial Engineering

Finish within three months.

Hello everyone, so excited to finally start!

Objective: for MFE program, Learn how to model with C++, Meet people in pursuit of similar objectives

Programming experience: C, Matlab, R, Stata

Current work: unemployed, waiting for graduate school to start

Intended pace of program: Finish before the end of the year

Hey Wonderful People! This is Yuqing. I am excited to join with you guys and to learn programming while I am also a little bit nervous since I have 0 of experience of programming experience before. I will push myself hard.

Objective: To obtain basic knowledge regarding to programming and prepare for MFE programs.

Programming experience:

Current work:
Staff at a CPA firm

By the end of Jan 2017

Good Luck to everybody!

Hello, I am excited to be part of the wonderful program. Nice to meet you all!

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs and secure a job in related field.

Programming experience: Little C++, MATLAB, SAS

Current work: Senior student at Central University of Finance and Economics, majoring in Finance

Intended pace of program: Hope to finish the program at the end of this year and earn an excellent degree for better preparation for first ranked MFE Program

Should you have any question, please feel free to contact me. I would be glad if I could be of any help.

Back