• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hey guys - Grateful to have found this niche community!

Objective: Learn a new skill to apply at my current job

Programming experience: JS, Python

Current Work: Desk Analyst

Intended pace of program: Few hours everyday after market close

Hello everyone! My name is Venus. Nice to meet you all! I am planning to apply for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Learn C++ and get prepared for the MFE programs.

Programming experience: R, Python, SQL

Current work: Banker at Citi, graduated from Baruch College in 2022, majoring in Finance and minoring in Mathematics.

Intended pace of program: ASAP, 4-8 weeks.

Hi everyone! My name is Kelly and nice to meet you all! I am planning to apply for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Learn C++, get quant interns, and apply for MFE programs.

Programming experience: Python, SQL, C, R.

Current work: Final year student majoring in Mathematical Finance.

Intended pace of program: 8 weeks, before the end of 2023.

Hi everyone! My name is Smriti and nice to meet you all! I am planning to apply for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Upskill and apply for model development roles.

Programming experience: Python mainly.

Current work: Worked in 2 banks, mainly as model validator.

Intended pace of program: 8 weeks, before the end of 2023.

Hey everyone, my name is Gurjivan. I plan on applying for MFE programs for Fall 2024

Objective: Learn C++ enough to a point I feel comfortable and be prepared for MFE programs.

Programming experience: Python and R

Current work: Worked in Risk Management at a Big 4 and currently working as a data solutions associate at a Wealth Management Firm. Bachelor's in chemical engineering and MBA as well.

Intended pace of program: Ideally before submitting applications so approximately 8-10 weeks.

Hi everyone! My name is Isabel, and I plan on applying for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Learn C++ to improve my programming skills and make myself a stronger applicant for MFE programs and jobs.

Programming experience: Python, Stata

Current work: I'm currently working as a research analyst, doing finance research for a couple PhD economists!

Intended pace of program: As soon as I can (but very likely mid January)

Hi everyone! My name is Will, and I am thinking about applying for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Learn C++ to improve my application. Also determine whether or not an MFE program will be right for me.

Programming experience: very basic Python

Current work: Financial Advisor

Intended pace of program: As soon as I can (looking like 8-10 weeks may be realistic?). But also just starting a new job and studying for several finance exams, so as long as it will take me to fully understand the information.

Hi all, my name is Arjun! I am very excited to be registered for the course.

Objective: Learn C++ and build a stronger profile for MFE admissions.

Programming Experience: Python, some basic C/C++,

Current Work: Data Science Major in final year

Intended Pace: Complete in the next 8 weeks!

Back