• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi, I am Satyam. Glad to meet you all.

Objective: I want to leave no stone unturned in my MFE application for Fall '24.
Programming Experience: C++ (mainly for competitive programming), Java, Golang. 4 years of software engineering work experience.
Current Work: Building tech for brokerage platform.
Intended Pace: 6-8 weeks.

Hi, I'm Amy. Nice to meet everyone!

Objective: prep for 2024 MFE program application, but also want a deeper understanding of C++
Programming Experience: Mainly Python. Took C++ for a semester
Current Work: Quant Researcher in a Chicago prop shop
Intended pace: 6-8 weeks.

Objective: Reconnect with C++ and see what's been happening in the space since I graduated.
Programming experience: Java and C# for more years than I care to mention :cry:
Current work: Sports Pricing
Intended pace: Will be working through my IFoA exams so as and when I find time to undertake the homework exercises.

Hey, I'm Sid Iyer. Glad to join the program!
Objective: 1. Learn C++ the right way because Uni courses were not comprehensive, 2. requirements for Baruch Fall 2024 MFE application.
Programming Experience: Python, R, Java
Current Work: Quant Risk Associate - Model Development
Intended pace: 8-10 weeks.

Hi, my name is Harvey Wang. Nice to meet you all!

Objective: 1.Preparing for Baruch Fall 2024 MFE application 2. Get familiar with C++'s application for real work investment/trading projects

Programming experience: Python(OOP), Matlab/R/C++/VBA(not in full time production)

Current work: Investment Analytics Associate - Fixed Income

Intended pace: 6-8 weeks.

Hi everyone, great to be on here and get to know y'all. I'm a recent finance graduate from USA.

Objective: Add more programming experience to my resume for both MFE applications and job applications.

Programming Experience: Python and EViews

Current Work: Financial analyst and upcoming grad student

Intended pace: Looking to finish by early March and potentially take the VBA/Python/SQL course as well in advance of my studies

Hello everyone, I just graduated with a bachelor's in Econometrics.
Objective: I want to add more programming experience in C++ to round up my resume.
Programming Experience: R, Python, and SQL
Intended Pace: 10-12 weeks
Current Work: Upcoming quantitative analysis job

Hi Everyone,

Objective: Prepare for Quant interviews and increase knowledge of C++
Programming Experience: C++, Python, MATLAB, Fortran
Current Work: Autonomy/Artificial Intelligence Reserach Engineer for large Aerospace company
Intended Pace: Hoping to complete by the end of April.

Hi, I'm Jerry. Nice to meet you all!
Objective: for admission to 24Fall MFE program

Programming: Python, R, Stata, Java, Matlab

Current Work: Undergraduate Student majoring in Applied Math and Economics

Intended pace: Hoping to complete by March

Back