• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi everyone, I'm Jiang Deqing from Beijing,you can call me Dedekind.

Objective: get started with C++, and prepare for MFE programs
Programming Experience: Python, a little bit of Matlab
Current Work: junior student majored in mathematics
Intended Pace: finish this course within 6 weeks

So nice to meet you all!

Hi there!

Objective: learn for MFE program
Programming Experience: none
Current Work: undergraduate student majored in mathematical finance
Intended Pace: finish this course before the application, one level a week if time permits

nice to meet u all!!!

Hi all, I am a MFE student who is going to New York to start my first year in SIT in August.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program, and for admission to another MFE program.

Programming Exp.: C

Current Work: First year MFE student.

Intended pace: Wish to complete the course before November, so that I can apply for the MFE program in Baruch by then.

Hi All,

I am a certified Financial Risk Manager (GARP) looking to learn programming with C++. I have knowledge of R, SAS, and Excel but no programming knowledge and this work will bridge that gap.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE Program
Programming Experience: None
Current work: Senior Relationship Manager
Intended Pace: Finish the course within next 3 months

Hi all
Objective:
Learn C++ for graduate school and future employment
Programming Experience: A little Scilab
Current Work: Junior major in Business Administration
Intended pace: Finish before September

Hello, everyone, It is really exciting to start the course.
Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program, and prove my computer program ability for Finance learning and working in the future.

Programming Experience: VBA, C, R
Current Work: Finance Trader
Intended Pace: I enjoy doing everything as efficient as I can, including learning this course.

Hi there!

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program
Programming Experience: MATLAB, R, a little Python
Current Work: Undergraduate student double majored in Finance and Applied Mathematics
Intended Pace: Finish this course in my summer vacation, one level a week if time permits

Nice to meet you guys!

Hi all,
I'm excited to be here and looking forward to learning as much I can.
Objective: Prepare for MFE.
Programming Experience: C++, Python
Current Work: Risk Audit
Intended Pace: 1 Level per week would be nice. Will see how that works out given that I'm working and also plan on taking another class.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Objective: Prepare for master program and future job.
Current Work: MFE student
Intended Pace: 1 level pre week would be nice

Objective: Prepare for MFE.
Current Work: A senior student in the University of Wisconsin Madison majoring in Applied Math
Intended Pace: hopefully I can finish it in 3 months.

Hi everyone,
Happy and excited to start this online course!

Objective: Learn as much as I can from the course and apply for admission into the other Pre-MFE seminars.

Programming experience: None

Current work: Database Manager.

Intended pace: Will take my time to learn and practice the language but hope to finish well before the deadline.

Hi All,

Excited to learn a proper programming language. I have about 2 years of experience in retail banking analytics. I am undergrad from Metallurgy, with no formal programming education. I have completed FRM Part I as an basic exposure to finance.

Objective: Learn and practice C++ enough to feel confident to say i know C++. Also I am planning to pursue MFE

Programming experience: SAS 9/10, VBA 7/10

Current work: Analyst, Banking Analytics

Intended pace: Will spend all my energy on this for the next 2 months, not sure how much i would cover. Post 2 months will complete at a moderate pace.

Back