• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. I am Saurabh.

Objective: I am looking to learn C++ to implement mathematical models and various numerical methods to financial data.

Programming experience: Basic Python and C++

Current work: Student in Mathematical Finance at University of North Carolina Charlotte

Intended pace of program: 10-12 weeks

Good Luck to everyone working on this course.

Hello everyone! I am Romuald.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program pre-requisites and for a career as a Quant.

Programming experience: Python, R.

Current work: Currently employed as a Senior Analyst at an economic consulting firm.

Intended pace of program: ASAP.

Hi everyone, nice to e-meet you all! My name is Richard.

Objective: Enhance my coding skills, Get Admitted to MFE program, Apply what I learn to my work

Programming Experience: Java, Python

Current work: Final year undergraduate student studying Finance and Computer Science at NYC

Intended pace of program: 10 weeks

Hi everyone - very excited to be a part of this course and community. :)

Objective: Strengthen my programming skills by learning C/C++.

Programming experience: I am a full-stack web developer with 1 year of experience (JS, React, Flutter, and some Python).

Current work: Freelance work for web and mobile as well as self-studying.

Intended pace: Part-time, roughly 15-20 hours a week.

Hi everyone, nice to e-meet you all! My name is Cayle, an ex-GS equity research analyst with years of fundamental research experience.

Objective: Getting admitted to the MFE program at Baruch.

Programming Experience: Honestly none.

Current work: Taking a gap for MFE program application while staying with my family.

Intended pace of program: not sure, at my best effort.

Hello everyone, my name is Pierre-Yves. I just graduated from a bachelor's degree in economics and I am now working as an actuarial analyst, waiting to (hopefully) start my MFE/Mfin program in 2024.

Objective: Learning C++ for my future career in quantitive finance and getting admitted to a good MFE program.

Programming Experience: R

Current work: Actuarial analyst (non-life) in an insurance company.

Intended pace of program: I would like to finish the program before January 2024, but I am aiming to finish everything in 10 weeks.

Hello everyone, my name is Madhav Karwa. I did my bachelors in Finance and Mathematics and graduated this May. Planning to apply for MFE programs for Fall 2024.

Objective: Learn C++

Programming Experience: Python and R

Current work: Research Assistant at a University on NYC

Intended pace of program: Finish by Mid-December.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I am Désir-André and I'm very excited to join this community.

Objective: Learning C++ to strengthen my programming skills and for a potential career in quantitative finance

Programming Experience: Fortran, Python, C

Current work: Postdoctoral Researcher in CFD

Hi everyone. I am Désir-André and I'm very excited to join this community.

Objective: Learning C++ to strengthen my programming skills and for a potential career in quantitative finance

Programming Experience: Fortran, Python, C

Current work: Postdoctoral Researcher in CFD

In module 10 we have stuff on PDE/FDM that you might like as well.

@DesirKoffi
@Paul Lopez

Attachments

• From Navier-Stokes to Black-Scholes Numerical Methods in Computational Finance.pdf
    87.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
In module 10 we have stuff on PDE/FDM that you might like as well.

@DesirKoffi
@Paul Lopez
Thanks @Daniel Duffy for these two elements. I will look at them

Hello everyone, it's Jason here. Really nice to meet you all.

Objective: Hope to strengthen my C++ skills to get myself better prepared for the MFE program.

Programming experience: Python PostgreSQL Matlab & basic C/C++

Current work: Student majoring in information engineering and quant research internship in a private equity

Intended pace of program: 3-4 weeks

Good luck for you all :)

Hello everyone! My name is Edward. I completed my bachelor's degree in Statistics and am currently pursuing my master's degree in Computer Science. I'm thrilled to join this community.

Objective: My main goal is to learn C++ and undertake some foundational projects related to Financial Engineering.

Programming Experience: I have experience with Python, C, R, and SQL.

Current Status: I am a master's student.

Intended Pace of Program: I plan to study part-time and expect to complete the program in approximately 12 weeks.

Hi everyone! I'm really excited to be part of the class. Nice to meet you all!
Objective: Learn C++ for applying MFE programs

Programming experience: Matlab, R, SPSS, Stata, and some Python.

Current work: Graduated from the college this year with double major(Math and Econ) and currently preparing for Master application.

Intended pace of program: I will try my best to finish this ASAP for so hopefully in 6-8 weeks.

Last edited:
Back